Sunday, February 28, 2010

Bharat Ratna Our Sachin Tendulkar

Finally the dream is realized. The dream of millions of Indians and Sachins fans is finally realized. I have always believed that there is only one player in this world who can make a double century in ODIs. Some people used to say its Sehwag or Gayle who will make it but I always believed its Sachin and finally he did and I was amazed to see him to prove our belief. The moment he crossed 100 in 29 overs, I thought he is on his way to his double century and the moment he crossed 190, my only worry was whether he would make 225 or not. He would have comfortably done it had Dhoni cooperated. But whatever, he finally did what none could do in 3000 ODIs. What an achievement for himself and for India and for all of us!

I have no more adjectives left to describe Sachin, the God of cricket. I have been praising him for last fifteen years and I don’t think any such praising were sufficient for his genius and for his love and dedication for the country. It's only because of Sachin, I watch cricket and the day he announces his retirement, I too shall announce my retirement to watch cricket unless someone like Sachins makes an entry to the game. There has been no one who has entertained me as much as Sachin did in my life time. I am sure this is the case for the most of us.

That’s why I would say that its immaterial for me whether Indian Govt awards him Bharat Ratna or not. I would definitely call Sachin a Bharat Ratna and a Kohinoor diamond for all his contribution. What an amazing Indian! I am sure he is gonna make such records which would be met by none except by himself again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.